The Carbon Policy & Integration effort is conducted by the Pacala-Socolow Group and the Oppenheimer Group. Researchers in this area investigate challenges to implementing carbon policy and synthesize and disseminate CMI research results, particularly the concept of "stabilization wedges."
Highlights of this year include:
- Participation in a number of efforts to inform national carbon and mitigation policy
- Expanded outreach to teachers via a new partnership with the National Energy Education Development Project
- Completion of a paper on a "universal emissions cap" for individuals
- An analysis of rapid investment in environmental technology in China
- Involvement in studies of the challenges of geoengineering
- Initiation of a project on the history of scientific assessments